Saturday, June 16, 2007

What is Involved in Estate Planning?

In starting to consider your estate plan, you should ask yourself the following questions:

  • What are my assets and what is their approximate value?
  • Whom do I want to receive those assets - and when?
  • Who should manage those assets if I cannot, either during my lifetime or after my death?
  • Who should have the responsibility for the care of my minor children if I become incapacitated or die?
  • If I cannot take care of myself, who should make decisions on my behalf concerning my care and welfare?
With tentative answers to these questions, you are ready to seek the advice and services of a qualified lawyer who will discuss with you the various documents which can comprise your estate plan and will provide advice concerning such issues as title to assets, taxes, and the prudent management of your estate.

http://www.ofseyerlaw.com/lawyer-attorney-1090742.html